What we're about...

What we're about...

We love UPCYCLED art and a unique gift idea, so we work to create unusual frames and upcycled SCRABBLE ART– like Scrabble jewelry. We have Scrabble art for dog lovers (because we specialize in vintage dog stuff), but we also have other themed Scrabble jewelry and we’re adding more all the time!

Some of the newest themes we’ve added to our Scrabble jewelry include Star Wars, Van Gogh, Harry Potter and Banned Books and Paris…plus many more! You just never know what upcycled SCRABBLE ART we’ll come up with next…we love creating new Scrabble jewelry!!

We specialize in unique gift ideas for dog lovers, so we hope people will check us out when looking for upcycled dog jewelry or a cool DOG FRAME. We work hard to have lots to offer!

Our journey is crazy busy sometimes, the financial end can be a struggle, we don’t know how we’ll keep going, but then…oh my…the ideas come, people send wonderful notes about our stuff, and we’re working together for ourselves. So…our handcrafted journey continues. We hope you’ll stop by now and then. We love that this business opens us up to the whole world…how amazing of a journey is that!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Cool Christmas Gift Inventory is Building!

Wow!  We have really kicked it into gear now.  We're still working on our house trying to fix this and that, paint here and there, unpack boxes and still build our business.  It's been challenging with long days.  Basically, I work on the business all day (sun-up to sun-down most days) and squeeze in some "house" time when I am able.  My HTP (husband-type-person for those who haven't read previous posts), works on the business in the mornings (drilling tiles, shipping, helping me string bracelets, etc.) and then moves to house tasks in the afternoon.

We have been a little worried because business was kind of slow after all those months of minimal online presence, but it is picking up now - especially after Labor Day with the kids back in school, so people are getting back into their school routines.

Our inventory has jumped to nearly 400 items, thankfully.  The one thing we always make sure is that our quality stays consistent with our fantastic feedback / reviews.  My HTP often says I'm too particular, but now I find him saying little things like, "Hmm...maybe we shouldn't use that one." It makes my heart smile.

Etsy has changed their feedback program.  They now call them "reviews" of the each product (like Amazon).  I have mixed feelings about it because they put wording with each star.  (1 = disappointed, 2 = Not a fan 3 = It's okay 4 = Like it 5 = Love it)  We'll see how it goes.  I didn't appreciate that they took away how we were able to leave feedback for the buyers, but it seems like they are always changing something.  Not to sound grumpy about it because we have greatly appreciated the venue by which we can sell our items and less expensively than eBay with what seems a little different audience.

At any rate, we have released several new Scrabble bracelets as I said we would in the last post.  I've also made several Scrabble pendants with new ones coming.  I don't focus on Scrabble pendants as much because they are not quite as unique as our bracelets and there are a ton of them for sell out there.  They do take less time, are easier to make than bracelets, and people seem to like them, so I make a few choice pendants now and then.  Plus, they are great for stocking stuffers and small gifts like Secret Santa gifts.

Today, I'm off to the sunny landing upstairs that I wrote about last time - although it has been storming the last few days, so it's not so sunny right now.  I really want to get going on making our vintage art frames.  It's amazing how many I need to make, so that will be my main focus during the day for this next week at least.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  Here are some pics of our new bracelets.

Star Trek - The Next Generation Scrabble Bracelet

Alfred Hitchcock Scrabble Bracelet

Mary Poppins Scrabble Bracelet
And a few of our pendants...

Classic Monster Scrabble Pendant Set - Dracula, Mummy, The Bride of Frankenstein & Frankenstein

 

Disney - It's a Small World Scrabble Pendant                                                                                                Brooklyn Bridge Scrabble Pendant              

Teacher - Apple Scrabble Pendant


Next time, I'll focus on our Fall Jewelry and maybe I'll get some pictures of our house to put online.  Have a great week and take care!




No comments:

Post a Comment