What we're about...

What we're about...

We love UPCYCLED art and a unique gift idea, so we work to create unusual frames and upcycled SCRABBLE ART– like Scrabble jewelry. We have Scrabble art for dog lovers (because we specialize in vintage dog stuff), but we also have other themed Scrabble jewelry and we’re adding more all the time!

Some of the newest themes we’ve added to our Scrabble jewelry include Star Wars, Van Gogh, Harry Potter and Banned Books and Paris…plus many more! You just never know what upcycled SCRABBLE ART we’ll come up with next…we love creating new Scrabble jewelry!!

We specialize in unique gift ideas for dog lovers, so we hope people will check us out when looking for upcycled dog jewelry or a cool DOG FRAME. We work hard to have lots to offer!

Our journey is crazy busy sometimes, the financial end can be a struggle, we don’t know how we’ll keep going, but then…oh my…the ideas come, people send wonderful notes about our stuff, and we’re working together for ourselves. So…our handcrafted journey continues. We hope you’ll stop by now and then. We love that this business opens us up to the whole world…how amazing of a journey is that!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

CHRISTMAS PRESENTS GALORE

We have continued to work hard to build our inventory in order to provide a plentiful selection of Christmas presents.  I know as the holiday season starts to rev-up, the Scrabble bracelets and frames on our shelves will quickly diminish.  That's good.  We want them to sell - of course, but then comes the pressure to try to keep up with replacing items that are sold out.  I need to just take a deep breath and do the best I can.  Get the most popular back on as soon as I can and go from there.  We still don't have as many items as I had hoped for this year, but...

..this has been such a crazy year!  It has been difficult to keep everything in order with moving, fixing the house and keeping the business up and running and running well.  Additionally, I have wanted to live a more balanced life, but I also know that the holiday season is probably not a good time to try to read and walk several times a day, keep up with household chores, call friends and family to chat, and start a new exercise program.  Might be a bit much.  

However, I am still trying to find a little balance.  My non-handcrafted business time is basically spent on household chores.  That's okay for now.  We try to watch some funny shows and movies in the evening to alleviate some of the stress and intense focus we experience during the day.  The Big Bang Theory is one of our favorites.  Here is a short clip from the show.  If you haven't had a chance to watch the show, it's hilarious.   




The new year will allow us to take stock, plan for the upcoming year and thankfully, we won't be moving next year!!  Yippee!!

A quick note about the supplier issue I talked about last time.  (Do other people have these same issues?  Sometimes, when things go awry, I wonder if this is the right thing for me to be doing.  I love making the jewelry and frames, but sometimes it is sooooooo frustrating.)  At any rate, I have now ordered from several different suppliers to see how their seal works.  Meanwhile, our good seal is quickly running out.  Not a great time of year for that to happen, but I will just take a deep breath and do the best I can (my current phrase of choice).

So, I thought I'd share some of our Christmas jewelry and I just finished a couple of our Santa art frames.  We put the frames up each year around our house with family pictures and pet photos.  Fun and colorful.  

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Bracelet


Hark the Herald Angels Sing Music Scrabble Bracelet













Vintage Santa Art Bracelet
Nativity Scrabble Bracelet

















Snowman Pendant


Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Pendant Set





Vintage Santa Art Frame


  

No comments:

Post a Comment