What we're about...

What we're about...

We love UPCYCLED art and a unique gift idea, so we work to create unusual frames and upcycled SCRABBLE ART– like Scrabble jewelry. We have Scrabble art for dog lovers (because we specialize in vintage dog stuff), but we also have other themed Scrabble jewelry and we’re adding more all the time!

Some of the newest themes we’ve added to our Scrabble jewelry include Star Wars, Van Gogh, Harry Potter and Banned Books and Paris…plus many more! You just never know what upcycled SCRABBLE ART we’ll come up with next…we love creating new Scrabble jewelry!!

We specialize in unique gift ideas for dog lovers, so we hope people will check us out when looking for upcycled dog jewelry or a cool DOG FRAME. We work hard to have lots to offer!

Our journey is crazy busy sometimes, the financial end can be a struggle, we don’t know how we’ll keep going, but then…oh my…the ideas come, people send wonderful notes about our stuff, and we’re working together for ourselves. So…our handcrafted journey continues. We hope you’ll stop by now and then. We love that this business opens us up to the whole world…how amazing of a journey is that!

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Let the Frantic Holiday Season Begin

I can tell the holidays are nearing.  The feel of emails from customers is changing.  The majority of the time, people are so kind and free with their good words.  I would say 99% of the time, but once in a while we have people who make it difficult.  I guess that is the nature of working with the public.

We have been so blessed that we have had such wonderful customers, and we have a huge customer return rate - like 65% to 70% have returned to buy again, so that pleases us.  Our feedback has always been fabulous like the following:

"SO AWESOME!! I know I will get tons of compliments on this bracelet....super fast shipping too"
"I love this bracelet so much. I love when people look at it, assuming it must be pictures of my family and then say, "Is that...the redrum kid?" And I say, "Yes, yes it is." And then suddenly it's like I have a secret side they know nothing about. Mwahahaha. Seriously, though. It's a fun bracelet I love to wear with otherwise standard outfits just to give them some punch. I get compliments on it a lot."
" Great Quality shipped very fast"
" THANK YOU for using so much imagination and creativity! This bracelet is much nicer than the photo shows. Jimmie Ellis"

However, as the holiday season approaches for some reason some people start to get prickly.  We had one customer recently who we tried to do everything right for, but in the end, she was not happy.  This is only the 2nd customer in FIVE years that has ever been grumpy and rude, and we just didn't know what to do to satisfy her.  Bummer.

Yoda, Please give us the wisdom and calm to get through this season. 

You can just sense the change in the emails.  It's really rather interesting.  If I can remain unemotional about it, I would realize that I haven't changed and our products haven't changed.  It must therefore be the people who are coming to us, which traffic certainly increases during the holidays.


This is what the customer today reminded me of...just kidding, I'm sure she was just having an "off" day.  - From The Shining

That's okay.  I'm not going to let her ruin my evening.  We are actually taking the evening off and watching the Snow Queen (kind of an early Christmas movie).  Huge artichokes were on sale today, so we're going to have them with our barbeque chicken for dinner.  We'll have popcorn during our movie.  A nice evening.

                                                                    

Well, take care until next time.  I'll breathe deep and be happy, as I hope you all are as well.

Yes, to this quote...What do you bring to the world? From Anne of Green Gables




No comments:

Post a Comment