What we're about...

What we're about...

We love UPCYCLED art and a unique gift idea, so we work to create unusual frames and upcycled SCRABBLE ART– like Scrabble jewelry. We have Scrabble art for dog lovers (because we specialize in vintage dog stuff), but we also have other themed Scrabble jewelry and we’re adding more all the time!

Some of the newest themes we’ve added to our Scrabble jewelry include Star Wars, Van Gogh, Harry Potter and Banned Books and Paris…plus many more! You just never know what upcycled SCRABBLE ART we’ll come up with next…we love creating new Scrabble jewelry!!

We specialize in unique gift ideas for dog lovers, so we hope people will check us out when looking for upcycled dog jewelry or a cool DOG FRAME. We work hard to have lots to offer!

Our journey is crazy busy sometimes, the financial end can be a struggle, we don’t know how we’ll keep going, but then…oh my…the ideas come, people send wonderful notes about our stuff, and we’re working together for ourselves. So…our handcrafted journey continues. We hope you’ll stop by now and then. We love that this business opens us up to the whole world…how amazing of a journey is that!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer - I Don't Think So

Santa Scrabble Bracelet
Our days are pretty crazy.  You would think we’d be into the lazy, hazy days of summer.  Well, there is no time to be lazy - as anyone who has started a business knows – especially a handcrafted business.  We’re trying to get ahead for the holiday season by not only making our regular line of items, but by creating new items whenever we can and of course adding Christmas jewelry and Halloween Jewelry.  Oh, my!





Australian Cattle Dog Scrabble Bracelet
 Our days generally start at about 4:00 in the morning, and I am writing this at 9:00 in the evening – long days.  As I said in my last posting, I try to take a day off now and then, just to refresh myself and find some balance.  Thankfully, I enjoy what I do, but it is a lot of work and very time / labor intensive - especially our Scrabble Bracelets!  We have bracelets just for dog lovers and all kinds of Scrabble bracelets with different themesI love how the bracelets look when they are done.  I love trips to the bead store.  I love the feedback we get about them.  But…boy, are they work.  We even spell different things on the inside of each bracelet.  Scrabble pendants may be a better way to go for mass production because they are not as labor intensive and do not have as many steps as the bracelets, and we do make some of those as well, but we love the bracelets!  So, we do what we can.


My husband hand drills all the tiles.  It was quite the process figuring out the best way to do that with no poked fingers, broken Scrabble tiles or burning wood.  He also does the finishing work of tying and trimming.  He has worked to perfect his “trick” to making the elastic stay without coming untied, etc.  The rest is up to me.  We make a good team really.

Woodstock Bands Scrabble Bracelet

Well, my day has come to an end.  4:00 am comes mighty early, so I best be off to sleep.  Who knows what wonderful new Scrabble Art design I may dream about...

No comments:

Post a Comment